Each week we will bring you the latest in television news, episode trailers, and promotional news. From what’s streaming this week to the best scenes from hit series, we’ve got you covered.
Fall TV Preview
The weather is changing, pumpkin spice is in the air, and parents are swarming the aisles with school supply lists. This time of year ignites all of these things but it also brings back a the great entertainment cycle of fall television. Whether its Teen Wolf star Tyler Posey coming to Jane the Virgin or how freaked out you should be over American Horror Story: Cult, here are some facts about the upcoming TV tide of shows about to surge up your DVR list:
- This season on Lethal Weapon, pop singer JoJo will guest star on the series as the center of a massive murder plot.
- Oscar nominee Shohreh Aghadashloo will play the head of Homeland Security on The Punisher.
- Starz released a new trailer for the upcoming third season of Outlander.
- Steven Soderbergh’s Godless recently received a November 22nd premiere date. The western drama stars Downtown Abbey star Michelle Dockery and Jeff Daniels.
- AHS: Cult will be set in Michigan and will stem from the division and extremes that sprung from the 2016 election.
- Battlestar Galactica actress Katee Sackhoof will be joining The Flash this season. She will be playing DC Comics villan Amunet Black.
- Gwyneth Paltrow will be doing a guest starring stint on the TNT series Good Behavior.
- The opening episode of Law & Order: SVU centers on Fin’s massive and solo international arrest of an accused rapist.
- Louis C.K. and Kristen Bell will be guest starring on the upcoming season of Family Guy.
- Grey’s Anatomy has added a new actress to the fold. The character, Carina DeLuca, is an Italian doctor who also happens to be the sister of Andrew DeLuca.
- NBC has released a sneak peek of the highly anticipated new season of This Is Us. The clip includes the first three minutes of the season two kickoff.
- A brand new clip of the upcoming fifth season of Vikings has been released.
-Don’t expect to see Channel 4’s UK series Chewing Gum anytime soon. Star and BAFTA winner Michaela Coel is choosing to focus on other projects. Channel 4 executives stated, “Chewing Gum is a vibrant, hilarious, and unique comedy of which we are incredibly proud. Though there currently aren’t any plans for a 3rd series, we hope to work with the hugely talented Michaela Coel again soon.”
-MTV announced the network’s surprisingly popular revamping of Fear Factor is getting a mega second season. The competition show will expand to twenty episodes in its second season. This means more Ludacris, people eating spiders, and jumping out of planes for the show. Someday MTV play music again.
-The Mayweather vs. McGregor fight drew record-breaking sales and mass commercial success over the weekend. The fight also had multiple delays due to crashed servers in California and Florida. In the last 24 hours a Oregon boxing fan filed a class-action lawsuit over the quality of the stream of the $99 fight.
-Def Comedy Jam will be celebrating its 25th anniversary with a massive Netflix special. The comedic lineup will include the likes of Bill Bellamy, Cedric the Entertainer, Dave Chappelle, Mike Epps, Tiffany Haddish, Kevin Hart, Steve Harvey, D.L. Hughley, Martin Lawrence, Tracy Morgan, JB Smoove, Sommore, Katt Williams, and many others.
– Last Chance U will be returning for a third season and switching up the university it follows. The series, that charts fallen college football athlete’s last-ditch efforts, will head to Independence Community College in Kansas. This is great news because I couldn’t watch the East Mississippi Community College coach for another second.
-The Victoria’s Secret Fashion Show will be heading to Shanghai for its Thursday, November 28th CBS broadcast. Trying to bounce back from last year’s low ratings, the city switch up will have the same top models, glamour, and excess that makes the runway show an alluring draw.
-The disturbing and chilling series Black Mirror released its first teaser trailer last week. There is no official airdate for the show’s return. The innovative and dark technology themed series will be pulling out all of the stops for the fourth season judging by the trailer.
-New show disaster alert: Don’t watch The Tick on Amazon or Disjointed on Netflix. They’re both extremely horrible productions that will easily to go down as the worst shows of the calendar year.
Promo of the Week
(Queen of the South airs on USA Network on Thursday at 10PM EST)
What You Should Be Watching
The Last Ship has been the action champion of TNT’s network lineup over the past four years. The post-apocalyptic drama stars Erica Dane, Adam Baldwin, Rhona Mitra , Chris Parnell, and other seasoned actors . The show’s plot centers on a reality in which a great portion of the global population has been wiped out by a virus. The USS Nathan James is the only military vessel left unaffected. The crew, with a headcount of over 200, must find a cure to save humanity before it’s too late. The show boasts a solid cast and movie scale action sequences.
Tweets of the Week
— KJ Bauer (@kjwanders) August 29, 2017
— Game of Thrones Meme (@Thrones_Memes) August 29, 2017
— DJ Sir Daniel (@ToSirDWithLove) August 28, 2017
— Ladybuglizzie (@sagevalentine) August 21, 2017
— Tay Rae (@Tay_Rae) August 29, 2017