The Spotlight of the Week: Surf and Turf Tuesdays at Square 1682
Square 1682 is diving into warm-weather season headfirst with the launch of Surf and Turf Tuesdays. This mouth-watering special and running through the summer. Surf & Turf Tuesdays include a sizzling seared 10 oz Angus Ribeye with a half-grilled Maine lobster, crushed fingerling potatoes, charred lime, roasted garlic, drawn herb butter and chimichurri sauce for just $25. This hearty dish from Chef Mackenson Horebe is otherwise $39 all other days of the week and makes for a great sharable with a couple of appetizers, or a decadent feast for one.
Better still, Square 1682 is offering an icy cold rotating beer selection for just $3 for diners on Surf and Turf Tuesdays.
“The flavors brought out by grilling the lobster are intense and the sauces really elevate everything about this dish. The browned butter bernaise works so well with the lobster and the ribeye” said Horebe. “We wanted to offer guests a special reason to visit and enjoy a Tuesday in our restaurant with a seasonal dish that’s delicious and visually a feast for the eyes.”
Surf & Turf lovers wishing to snag a seat and feast on this fun special should call ahead and secure a table by calling 215-563-5008.
National Wine Day
This Saturday, May 25th is National Wine Day. Here are some attractive destinations in the city to grab some sips from!
• Chocodiem at The Bourse: Chocodiem at The Bourse, named one of the best chocolatiers in the country and located in the historic food hall in Old City, is having an all-day, Wine Happy Hour for oenophiles to enjoy. Specials include $8 draft wines and $12 split bottles, which can be paired with French macaroons, chocolate truffles, and more for the perfect sweet treat.
• CO-OP: CO-OP Restaurant and Lounge, the corner hot spot located in University City, is celebrating the kick off of Memorial Day Weekend and National Wine Day by bringing the beach Philadelphia. Beginning at noon on Saturday, guests can enjoy Cape May Salt Oysters priced at six for $12 or twelve for $20, and Beach House Pinot Grigio for $20 a bottle.
• Jet Wine Bar: Jet Wine Bar, one of Philadelphia’s top wine destinations and it’s “global vineyard,” does not disappoint with their National Wine Day offerings. Imbibers can enjoy $12 flights of Macedonia Wines from Popova Kula Winery in Tikves, Macedonia, as well as happy hour from 5 to 7 pm, with select wines for $6 a glass.
• Ocean Prime: Ocean Prime, one of Philly’s most gorgeous seafood restaurants and steakhouses, is offering a juicy 24 oz. Prime Porterhouse steak paired with a 2013 Waugh Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon from the Coravin list for National Wine Day. The 2013 Waugh Cellars Cabernet Sauvignon, one of the winemaker’s favorite vintages, is incredibly balanced, with hints of spice, wood, and notes of pure blackberry, perfectly complimenting the rich flavors of the steak. The bone-in 24 oz. Porterhouse Steak is served with a decadent Wild Mushroom and Red Wine Reduction.
This Week in Cocktails: Frozen Cocktails
The heat is picking up in the city, here are a few amazing spots to gets some frozen cocktails in the summer days to come.
• Assembly Rooftop Lounge: Assembly Rooftop Lounge, offering stunning views from eight stories above Logan Square, has two frozen cocktails for those looking to cool off in style this summer. The options include a Frosé ($14) with rosé, Cocchi Rosa, dry vermouth, strawberry and lemon, and a Frozen Aperol Spritz ($14) with Aperol, elderflower, orange, grapefruit, lemon, and prosecco.
• The Bourse: The Bourse, Old City’s historic food hall located across from Independence Mall, invites tourists and locals alike to stop in for a boozy frozen treat this spring and summer.
• The Bar by Bluebird Distilling will be serving up rotating frozen cocktails through the summer, including a Bourbon + Beer milkshake, a frozen version of the classic Grasshopper cocktail, and more. First up? Frozen Gin + Tonics — now available at Bluebird Distilling at The Bourse. Frozen Gin and Tonics ($9) — Bluebird Distilling Juniperus Gin, grapefruit, lime, botanical syrup, and Peychaud’s bitters for $9.
• TAPS Fill Station and Scoop DeVille will be featuring a Rosé Sorbet all day. The blend consists of Scoop DeVille’s gluten free and dairy free Raspberry Sorbet with a pour over of Pinnacle Ridge rosé for $11. Guests can order the sorbet float at TAPS Fill Station.
The Twisted Tail: The Twisted Tail, located in the historic Headhouse Square, is offering imbibers Champagne Pops ($15) to help them cool off during the hot summer days in Philly. Made by pouring champagne over fruity frozen pops, the flavors will vary throughout the summer, rotating through delicious options such as watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, pineapple, blueberry, strawberry, and mixed berry.
Each week, Philly Influencer picks the best parties, events, and social gatherings the area has to offer.
• Parks on Tap at FDR Park: This week for Parks on Tap, come down to South Philly. FDR Park will be the place to be for Memorial Day weekend. The pop-up beer will have beers, wine, daily yoga, food trucks, lawn games, hammocks, and more.
• Disney Movie Trivia at Goose Island Brew House: This Wednesday, famed Goose Island Brew House will be hosting a Disney movie trivia night. Come show off your knowledge of Disney animated flicks, order some tremendous pub grub from Goose Island’s extensive menu, and drink some brews.
• Spring Beer Garden at Mütter Museum: The Spring Beer Garden at the Mütter Museum is open for business. The one-of-a-kind and oddities museum will be serving up specialty beers & sangrias in the Benjamin Rush Medicinal Garden through the season.
• Crawl of Thrones: Dress as your favorite Game of Thrones character and crawl through Rittenhouse Square’s top bars for drink specials. Crawl of Thrones features an LED Bracelet, 16oz Color Changing Cup, parties, DJs, prizes and contests, and more.
• Red, White, and Booze Rooftop Day Party: #DayLit is Philly’s ultimate rooftop day party. Pulsing from Vango Lounge & Skybar, a premier Center City hotspot, this Saturday soiree will be an electrifying way to spend your long weekend. There will be mixed drink specials, discounted VIP, DJS, and stunning views of the city.
• Summer Madness Brunch & Day Party: Come to Mirage Lounge this Sunday for the Summer Madness Memorial Day Brunch & Day Party. The hottest in Hip Hop, RnB, & Reggae sounds will be blasting through the venue. There will be DJs, bottomless mimosas, drink specials, bottle service, hookah, and more at this blowout party.