The Spotlight of the Week: Center City Sips Returns
Each Wednesday through August 28, countless downtown restaurants and bars will be participating in this fantastic summer deal. Center City Sips offers $6 cocktails, $5 wine, $4 beer and half-priced appetizers from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. This will be a great way to take in the blissful summer rays while sampling new menus and drinks each week. This wallet-friendly happy hour brings the masses out each year. More than 80 participating restaurants and bars will be offering deals through the season.
National Rosé Day, this Saturday, June 8th. Here are a few places to stop by in the city to get the best deals.
• Assembly Rooftop Lounge: Assembly Rooftop Lounge, one of Philadelphia’s most talked about rooftop drinking and dining destinations, is offering a frozen treat for Rosé Day with a Frosé ($14). Made with rosé, Cocchi Rosa, dry vermouth, strawberry, lemon, and topped with fresh blueberries, this refreshing treat is sure to satisfy any oenophile while they enjoy sweeping views of Logan Square and beyond.
• The Bourse: The Bourse, Old City’s historic food hall located across from Independence Mall, invites tourists and locals alike to stop in for a glass of rosé all day and pair it with a sweet treat. Guests can stop by the bar at Chocodiem and enjoy a glass of draft Rosé paired with a Rose Lychee French macaron for $10. Also, be sure to hit upTAPS Fill Station and Scoop DeVille. They have Rosé sorbet all day featuring Scoop DeVille’s gluten free and dairy free Raspberry Sorbet with a pour over of Pinnacle Ridge rosé for $11. Guests can order the sorbet float at TAPS Fill Station.
• CO-OP Restaurant and Lounge: CO-OP Restaurant and Lounge, the corner hot spot located in University City, is offering a duet of rosé for $6, which includes a 3 oz pour of Bila Haut and a 3 oz pour of Cote Mas Rosé. Oenophiles looking for a frozen treat can beat the heat with a Rosé Popsicle ($13) made with rosé, fresh blueberries, fresh strawberries, and syrup.
• Jet Wine Bar: Jet Wine Bar, one of Philadelphia’s top wine destinations and it’s “global vineyard,” is offering a Rosé Aperol Punch – their take on an Aperol Spritz with a kick of Rosé to spice it up – for Rosé Day. Made with Aperol, passion fruit, lime juice, and rosé wine, this cocktail creation is available during happy hour from 5 to 7 pm for $7. Outside of happy hour, it’s available for $9.
• Red Owl Tavern: Red Owl Tavern, the modern American restaurant located across from Independence Mall, is bringing on the rosé all day with a $5 Frozé Popsicle. Guests can cool off while enjoying this frozen treat on the newly revamped outdoor seating on 5th Street while taking in historic views of Independence Hall.
• Square 1682: Square 1682 is serving Rosé Day imbibers a special pairing of a glass of rosé and a half-dozen oysters for $16. Guests are invited to enjoy their Rosé Day special at one of Square 1682’s many umbrella filled outdoor tables flanking Sansom Street.
This Friday night, The Philadelphia Union will be hosting Philly Pride event titled Soccer for All. This great event, emitting respect, dignity, and respect for all will feature a mini soccer field set up for 5v5 soccer in the street at the corner of 12th and Locust. The Pride Weekend Kickoff Party will be hosted by Philly Influencer’s and Union Soccer Podcast host Sean Brace. The Philadelphia Falcons — the only LGBTQA soccer club in the Philly area — will be there along with Stonewall Sports, which provides recreational and educational events to Philly’s LGBTQIA+ community. The event will begin at 6PM and run through 10 PM.The Union will be taking on the New York Red Bulls in Saturday night’s Pride Match on Saturday, June 8, at 7:30 p.m. There will be Union’s Pride training top, hats, and scarves for purchase.
For the next two weeks, Philadelphia will be hosting Black Restaurant Week. Take time out to enjoy the great flavors and dishes stemming from the African diaspora. Several select African, African American and Caribbean restaurants in the city will be participating.Black Restaurant Week — which begins Sunday — celebrates the flavors of cooking while giving you deals on delicious meals at restaurants throughout the city. There are also special select happy hour events throughout this joyous occasion.
Each week, Philly Influencer picks the best parties, events, and social gatherings the area has to offer.
• Philly Beer Week Continues: The 11th annual Philly Beer Week runs through Sunday, June 10th. The exciting brewing week has put more than 50 local breweries front and center over the last few days. Throughout the week check out the many sampling events, parties, and crawls all over the city. This Thursday night from 4pm-8pm, Bartram’s Garden Community Boathouse will be hosting Beer and Boats. Your ticket covers your first beer and your “boat or kayak excursion out onto the Schuylkill River.
• Parks on Tap: Parks On Tap is at the Schuylkill Banks this week. Come out for many craft beers on tap, a fun time with friends, food trucks, hammocks, and more on the scenic waterfront. On Thursday, there will be free yoga in the park. The hours for this roaming beer garden are Wednesday and Thursday 5 pm – 10 pm, Friday 4 pm – 11 pm, Saturday 1 pm- 11 m, and Sunday 12 pm – 10 pm.
• Mt. Airy Summer Sessions: Come check out Germantown Avenue’s lively food, shops, and bar scene this Wednesday. The Supper Sessions dining series will have specialty menus at adjacent restaurants, drink specials, and store discounts in the area.
• Beer & Boats: Bartram’s Gardens Boathouse will be hosting Beer & Boats on the Schuylkill River this Thursday. DJ and Dos Hermanos food truck will be on location and the event is dog-friendly. Beers will be served up by the water and there will be kayak excursions.
• Waterfront Sessions: Every Thursday from June to September, Spruce Street Harbor Park will be hosting this amazing and free musical experience. Come out each week to hear talented and emerging local artists. Philadelphia-based quartet Sixteen Jackies with DJ Attic Tapes will be playing this week
• Baltimore Avenue Dollar Stroll: This Thursday is the Baltimore Avenue Dollar Stroll. From 5:30 pm-8:30 pm, participating locations in University City will be offering dollar deals for events, food, and much more. There will also be live music along the avenue and entertainment.
• Hip-Hop Old School Bar Crawl: This Center City bar crawl will be a throwback like no other. Eight Philly, New York, and DC DJs will be posted up at six Philly bars, including Tavern on Broad and Fado, spinning classic hip-hop from the ’80s through early 2000s.
• Anyday Rosé Fest: Uptown Beer Garden is alive and kicking. In celebration of Rosé-themed events this weekend, Anyday Rosé Fest will be taking over the area this Saturday. There will be a live set by Hedera and DJ sets. Tickets are $10 and the party goes from 12 pm-6 pm.
• 2nd Saturdays in Northern Liberties: For the first installment on 2nd Saturdays, Northern Liberties is pulling out all the stops. This Saturday, there will be pop-up with giveaways, DJs, SpinCo Hula Hoopers, an NLArts Chalk sidewalk activation, special offers from D’Oliva evoo Pizza and Grill and Spuntino Wood Fired Pizzeria, and much more. The pop-up is at 2nd & Poplar Sts between 12 pm- 4 pm.
• Fishtown FestivAle: This Saturday afternoon and evening the Frankford Hall, Johnny Brenda’s, and plenty other Fishtown hotspots will be serving up food and drinks. The Fishtown FestivAle will feature multiple music stages, local art, fireworks, carnival games, a flea market area, and 70 plus vendors. The hours of this massive block party are 12 pm-8 pm.