National Caviar Day is Thursday, July 18. Check out some places in the city to please your palate this week.
Ocean Prime: Ocean Prime, one of Philadelphia’s most gorgeous seafood restaurants and steakhouses, is offering every table that orders an entrée a complimentary order of White Truffle Caviar Deviled Eggs on National Caviar Day. Made with white truffle oil and topped with caviar, guests can enjoy six delicious deviled eggs before their main course arrives.
Townsend: Townsend, the French restaurant and bar located in the heart of East Passyunk Avenue from award-winning Chef Townsend Wentz, is running a stunner for National Caviar Day. The culinary gem is offering guests a generous portion of caviar atop toasted brioche with dill, crème fraîche, chive yolk gel, chive blossoms, fried capers, sun side quail egg, and red wine vinegar pickled shallots. Guests can indulge in a .5-ounce portion for $60 or a full ounce portion for $120.
The Philadelphia Brewing Company is hosting its first annual Vegan Beerfest on Saturday, July 20. This vegan-focused beer festival is the first of its kind in the region, with notable vendors such as Jen Zavala, Martha, and more. From 12 p.m. to 4 p.m., attendees can enjoy pints of Philadelphia Brewing Company’s all-vegan beers at the bar in the Peacock Room. You can also grab brews in the newly built outside bar in the recently-expanded beer garden. The beer garden features outdoor games and live music.
Participating Food Vendors:
- Jen Zavala: vegan tamales with chipotle yam and kale.
- Martha: Vegan Jawn – carrot terrine, fermented radish, dried eggplant, cabbage, mayo.
- PhiladelphiaBrews Creamery: vegan ice cream made with Philadelphia Brewing Co. beers and Commonwealth Ciders.
- Chocolates by Kevan: vegan molded chocolates filled with handmade nut butter, fresh fruit gels, and ganache.
- Witching Hour Sauce: locally-made vegan hot sauce.
Each Wednesday between the hours of 5 p.m. and 7 p.m., the areas of Avenue of the Arts, Center City East, Center City West, and Rittenhouse Square participate in Center City Sips. Over 80 participating locations have $6 cocktails, $5 wines, $4 beers, and appetizer discounts. Here are this week’s best deals.
• 1225 Raw Sushi: Come to 1225 Raw Sushi during Center City Sips each week for $3 Edamame, Veggie Gyoza, Veggie Roll (cucumber & avocado) and $4 Pork Gyoza, Shrimp Shumai, Chicken Bites, California Rolls (crabmeat, avocado, cucumber), and Spicy Tuna Rolls. There is also a $5 Capital Roll (Shrimp Crabmeat Salad with Crunch on the Rice). The Rose Bubbly (EFFEN rosé vodka, Triple Sec, fresh lime juice, cranberry, topped off with sparkling rose) and the Mule-Z (EFFEN yuzu vodka, sake, fresh lemon juice, a splash of ginger liquor, topped off with ginger brew) provide the perfect pair to your sushi.
• Blume: In the heart of Locust street lies Blume. The natural wine and cocktail-focused bar spotlights the Orchard Spritz (EFFEN yuzu vodka, pear puree, Peychaud Bitters, and club soda) as it’s signature cocktail each week. You can also get Wayvine Pinot Grigio and Bellview Fiesta as the discounted wine of choice. $4 Sunchoke Chips, $5 Lobster Deviled Eggs, and $6 Shishito and Green Beans are the perfect mix for your $4 local cider or local IPA beer options.
• Treble & Bass Bar: The Treble & Bass Bar is located in the Cambria Hotel. After Sips, you can sit amongst is stylish décor and upscale amenities for dinner and get 15% off. During Center City Sips, Moscow Mules, Rose Spritzers (EFFEN rosé vodka and house champagne with a grapefruit garnish), Margaritas, and Yuzu Gingers (EFFEN yuzu vodka and ginger vodka with a candied ginger garnish) are $6. Red sangria and white sangria are $5. Bud Light, Miller Light, and Coors Light are $4. You can get chicken wings (Buffalo or Chipotle BBQ), chips & guacamole, cheesesteak spring rolls, and mozzarella sticks half-priced.
Each Thursday between the hours of 5 p.m. and 8 p.m., Philadelphia participates in Old City Eats. Over 25 participating locations have half-priced appetizers, $4 beers, $5 cocktails, and other drink specials.
• Campo’s: Campo’s Philly Cheesesteaks is a staple throughout the city and especially in the epicenter of Market Street. During Old City Eats, you can go to this cheesesteak marvel and get any cheesesteak on the menu and a Miller High Life for just $12. This is a traditional Philly meal and deal that you don’t want to miss.
• Continental Restaurant and Martini Bar: One of the two locations in the city, the Market Street Continental Restaurant and Martini Bar has just what you need during Eats. For a small plate deal, you can get a BBQ Chicken Quesadilla. The discounted cocktail on the menu is a Dark and Bubbly (Bacardi Gold, ginger, lime, pomegranate, and sparkling wine)
• FARMiCiA Food & Tonics: Each Thursday, during Old City Eats, FARMiCiA Food & Tonics offers $5 meatballs. The 122-seat eatery on 13th Street asks you to pair any of its savory options with a Voodoo Crush (cazadores blanco tequila, fresh watermelon, jalapeño simple syrup, and lime juice).
Each week, Philly Influencer picks the best parties, events, and social gatherings the area has to offer.
• University City Dining Days: University City Dining Days will run through Sunday, July 18. Guests at several participating restaurants can get three-course meals for $15, $25, and $35 over the next few days.
• Ardmore Restaurant Week: For those in the outer region, here’s another restaurant week option for you. Ardmore Restaurant Week also runs through Sunday, July 28. The wallet-friendly restaurant weeks offer up three-course prix-fixed menus starting at just $15.
• Parks on Tap: Parks on Tap will be at The Discovery Center this week. The roaming beer garden will have local craft beers, food trucks, free yoga, hammocks, and more.
• Trails on Tap: Trails on Tap will be at Riverfront Park in Royersford. Mainstay Independent Brewing Company will provide the brews at this event that merges beers, bikes, and kayaks for free on the weekend.
• Rocky Screening: For those looking for a special place to watch a movie this week. Come to Circa Green for a screening of the Philly-themed film Rocky. There are pay-what-you-wish popcorn and more at the outdoor screening.
• Sittin’ In: The Kimmel Center will be hosting Sittin’ In this Wednesday. The rotating series returns to offer up free jazz by trumpeter Jonathan Finlayson. The informal club-like atmosphere is just what you need to wind down on hump day. The bar will be open and snacks will be available.
• Beta Hi-Fi Emerging Artist Festival: Come to World Cafe Live for the Beta Hi-Fi Emerging Artist Festival. West Philly will be blossoming with talent each night. There will be a different set of three local musicians. The musicians will be judged and move on to the next round. The festival runs until Friday, July 19.
• Waterfront Session: There’s free live music each Thursday at Spruce Street Harbor Park. The sets offer up the best in local talent. This Thursday, catch some great reggae-soul music at the Waterfront Sessions.
• Beach Party: Come to the same location for Victory Beer’s #FLIPFLOPNATION beach party pop up this Friday. From 7 p.m. to 11 p.m., there will be “ice-cold Victory Beers, beach games, airbrush tanks, and some yummy shore snacks.”
• The Oval Returns: This Friday is the opening day for The Oval. The ending loop of the parkway will be once again filling the area with food trucks, light structures, movie screenings, radio game shows, workshops, DJ dance parties, and more.
• The Black Food & Dessert Expo: This Saturday, is The Black Food & Dessert Expo. Dozens of Black chefs, bakers, and restaurateurs from the region will be displaying their talents at this food expo. Guests can sample food, sip drinks and shop 30 vendors at one of two sessions: Session 1 is 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. and Session 2 is 7 p.m. to 11 p.m.
• Summerfest Live!: This Saturday is Summerfest Live! at Xfinity Live! This craft beer festival will feature samples from hundreds of beers at the entertainment venue. There will be food, several prizes and giveaways, a flip cup tournament, live music, karaoke, and more.