The Spotlight of the Week: National Taco Day
National Taco Day is Friday, October 4. Here are some great places to find some amazing tacos in the city that are bursting with flavor.
• The Bourse: The Bourse, Old City’s food hall located across from Independence Mall, offers not one, but two taco options among their 20+ vendors. Guests looking to enjoy authentic Mexican tacos can enjoy a wide variety of fixings from Rebel Taco, including barbacoa, shrimp, pico de gallo, and more. Everything is made from scratch daily, including the handmade tortillas, sauces, and salsa. On Friday, “Americano” taco extras, such as sour cream and lettuce, will be free.
• Café Ynez: Café Ynez, the all-day Mexico City-inspired BYOB diner in Point Breeze, is offering guests Cochinita Pibil, tacos made with pork shoulder that has been marinated and cooked for 12 hours. Topped with white onions, cilantro and taco salsa, guests can enjoy two tacos wrapped in soft corn tortillas for just $6 all day long. Other every-day taco options include Taco de Camarones ($13) with shrimp, adobo, shallots, radish, red cabbage, and cheese and Soft Tacos ($9) with a choose-your-own protein option, pico de gallo, cotija, and smoked jalapeño salsa.
This Week in Cocktails: Graverobber Ghost Tour
Art in the Age, Philadelphia’s one-of-a-kind tasting room, home bar supply and bottle shop, is excited to announce the launch of Graverobber Unholy Rye, a limited-edition rye whiskey infused with maple syrup extracted from unmarked graveside maple trees on Great Hill Farm – Art in the Age distillery property in New Hampshire.
To kick-off the launch, Art in the Age is hosting a Graverobber Ghost Tour through historic Old City, on Thursday, October 3 from 6 p.m.-9 p.m. The walking tour starts with exploring some of Philadelphia’s most haunted places such as Powel House, Christ Church Burial Grounds, and the Unearthed Forgotten Cemetery, and ends with a Graverobber tasting at the Art in the Age Tasting Room.
Tickets are available here.
Café Ynez Launches New Happy Hour – Hora De La Papa!
Café Ynez is excited to announce the launch of a fun new early afternoon happy hour, Hora De La Papa, boasting a variety of snacks, including Chips and Guacamole, Mexican Corn, Molletes, Tostadas and rotating Aguas Frescas and Margarita Mixer-Pitchers available Monday through Friday from 2 p.m.-6 p.m.
Assembly Rooftop Lounge’s Fall Fête
Assembly Rooftop Lounge, the chic indoor-outdoor bar and lounge atop The Logan Hotel, is toasting to autumn with its first annual Fall Fête on Thursday, October 3rd from 5-9 pm, featuring new fall cocktails, a ceremonial lighting of the fire pits, live music, and more
Bar Manager Abigail Remington and her bar team will be pouring new seasonal cocktails while Larry E. & Mariko provide live tunes, all topped with stunning views of the autumnal foliage.
The new autumn cocktail menu will boast seasonal libations perfect for fireside hangs, including:
- Fig ‘Etta Bout It ($14) – Fig-Infused Tito’s Vodka, Becherovka, pomegranate juice, peppercorn syrup, lemon
- Maple Punch ($14) – Appleton Reserve Rum, sherry, maple cinnamon shrub, orange oleo-saccharum, bitters
- Leadership ($16) – Apple-Infused Rittenhouse Rye, smoked cynar, Carpano Antica Sweet Vermouth, luxardo maraschino
- Old Faithful($15) – Espolon Tequila, mezcal, Ancho Reyes Chili Liqueur, ginger, sage, pineapple, lemon, fresno tincture
Night Market: Point Breeze
Night Market Philadelphia returns this Thursday, October 3. The rotating food truck series will be taking over Point Breeze. Come get delicious and savory street food from this roaming culinary party. There will be live entertainment, music, and more at this amazing community event. This will be the last Night Market for 2019. Come make it a memorable one and with your appetite.
Each week, Philly Influencer picks the best parties, events, and social gatherings the area has to offer.
• First Friday Movie Night Under the Stars & Stripes: The Betsy Ross House will be holding a hauntingly fun screening of Bucket of Blood plays at 7 p.m. on Friday. The original Night of the Living Dead slated will begin playing at 8:15 p.m. You can bring snacks and drinks to this fun event that will help kick off Halloween season.
• King of Prussia Beerfest Royale: The King of Prussia Beerfest Royale this Thursday and Saturday. There will be a tremendous happy hour and massive sampling events. The drinking celebration will have live music, plenty of food vendors, and a multitude of craft beers and cocktails.
• Haddon Oktoberfest: For those across the bridge and not wanting to cross it, South Jersey’s Haddon Township will be hosting an Oktoberfest event. This Saturday there will be a pop-up beer garden, live music, entertainment, and more.
• Morgan’s Pier Oktoberfest: This Saturday, Morgan’s Pier will be booming with unlimited samplings of countless tremendous beers. Oktoberfest live will feature live music, games, prizes, food, and more.
• Roxtoberfest: Roxborough will be having its own intriguing Oktoberfest party this Saturday from 12 p.m. to 6 p.m. There will be food trucks, vendors, games, performers, and more at this free-to-enter event. This German-themed celebration truly knows how to ring in the new seasons.
• Midtown Village Fall Festival: One of Philadelphia’s premier Fall festivals will be taking over the city this Saturday. The Midtown Village Fall Festival will feature live music, crafts, games, food vendors, and more. Each year, thousands come out to this blowout party.Swing by El Vez’s outdoor Tequila Garden during the Midtown Village Fall Festival. There will be street specials like frozen blood orange margarita, chicken tacos, corn on the cob, chips and guac, and more.
• Green Legion Home Opener Tailgate: Come to XFINITY Live! this Sunday for the Green Legion tailgate party with Hollis Thomas. There will be a tremendous tailgate brunch menu, drink specials, and more. You can get Unlimited Miller Lite, unlimited Workhorse Brewing products, unlimited Stateside Vodka drinks (exception energy drinks), and more.