The Spotlight of the Week: Philadelphia Marathon Deals
Philadelphia Maraton weekend is quickly approaching. Several restaurants and eateries in the city will be having tremendous deals worth running for!
• CO-OP Restaurant and Lounge: CO-OP Restaurant and Lounge is running two days of marathon deals. On Saturday, November 23, half marathon runners will receive 13.1% off their bill when they show their bib. Then, on Sunday full marathon runners will receive 26.6% off their bill when they show their bib. Brunch options include piles of pancakes, protein-packed plates, and perfectly baked patisseries.
• Jet Wine Bar: Jet Wine Bar is taking marathon runners and guests on a trip around the world to wine-country marathon locations where runners are known to dress up and drink wine during their race. For $15, oenophiles can enjoy a flight of three featured wines, including a Riesling from Fox Run near the Finger Lakes, a Pinotage from Radley & Finch in South Africa, and a Cabernet Blend from Chateau Haut-Valeyrac in Bordeaux.
• Ocean Prime: Ocean Prime one of Center City’s most beautiful steakhouses and seafood restaurants, is offering runners a juicy burger topped with gooey cheese with a side of fries and a 1 oz. pour of a select bourbon for just $26.20 when they show their bibs.
• Urban Farmer: Urban Farmer, the modern American steakhouse located off Logan Square, is not only a convenient walk from the Art Museum but its eatery is also celebrating victorious full marathon runners by offering a free Victory Brewing Company Helles Lager on draft to those who show their bibs. Runners can pair their brew with a hearty brunch option, such as Biscuits and Sausage Gravy ($15) for the perfect post-race refuel
A Talk + Tasting with Chef Nick Elmi at The Free Library
Come to The Free Library of Philadelphia on Thursday, November 21 for an amazing culinary event. Laurel Chef and owner Nick Elmi will be chatting (and, of course, cooking!) about his just-published cookbook, Laurel: Modern American Flavors in Philadelphia. His co-author Adam Erace, an acclaimed national writer based in Philly, esteemed food photographer Neal Santos guided by one of Philadelphia’s finest food writers, and Reagan Stephens who writes for Fortune, Food and Wine among others will also be in attendance. The talk is just $10.
Tickets for the talk + tasting can be purchased here.
Ending Soon: Red Owl Tavern Month of 100 Pies
Red Owl Tavern‘s Month of 1000 Pies fifth year will come to an end at the end of the month. With all proceeds benefitting Philabundance, these delicious pies for a great cause will surely highlight your holiday table. Freshly baked Cranberry-Apple Streusel and Pumpkin Pies are available for $12 each or $20 for two. Guests can enjoy their pies knowing that the Old City restaurant will donate the equivalent of a pie for every pie sold to Philabundance, the local nonprofit devoted to driving hunger from Philadelphia and Delaware Valley region.
Guests can call Red Owl Tavern to place an order to can stop in and pick up pies from the Grab ’N’ Go at the front of the restaurant.
a.kitchen will be open for Thanksgiving dinner service for the first time this year. You are guaranteed to make new memories with family and friends, enjoy Chef’s seasonal menu— complete with thoughtful wine pairings — and have an experience worth being thankful for at a.kitchen. Reservations can be made here or by calling 215-825-7030. The dinner runs from 11 a.m -7 p.m. and is $65 per person.
- First Course: Pumpkin Curry Soup with brown butter, Swiss chard and chestnut dumpling, Gem lettuce with apples, walnuts, creme fraiche and tarragon vinaigrette, Rock shrimp with dill, mustard seed and horseradish, Macaroni gratin with Comte, bacon and sage.
- Main Course: Heritage Turkey, breast + crispy confit, Salmon with mussels sauce, Braised Beef Short rib with bordelaise, Winter roots lasagna with black garlic jus.
- Sides: Potato purée, Sausage stuffing, Roasted vegetables, Braised greens.
- High Street on Market pies for the table and by the slice
- Wine pairings for each course
- 3 piece Charcuterie, oysters andcheese plate available a la carte.
Beaujolais Nouveau Day
The third Thursday in November means one thing — the release of this year’s Beaujolais Nouveau made from Gamay grapes out of the Beaujolais region of France. At a.kitchen, the celebration includes wine and, of course, spectacular food. Wine will be available by the glass or bottle in the accompaniment of a prix fixe menu. This Thursday there will be a prix fixe dinner including a pot-au-feu, a French-inspired beef stew. The Beaujolais Nouveau selection is Domaine de la Madone, a very old Beaujolais vine from the village of Le Perreon. It’s $12/glass or $15 for the bottle alongside the featured prix-fixe dinner.
Each week, Philly Influencer picks the best parties, events, and social gatherings the area has to offer.
• Taste of Philadelphia: Today, the 12th Annual Taste of Philadelphia is taking over the city. This food, wine, and spirits festival will feature many up-and-coming chefs, established culinary artisans, fine wines, craft brews, and more.
• Emo Night: Emo Night Brooklyn will be at The Foundry this Friday starting at 10:30 pm. ENB through the years has featured tremendous guest DJs including Ryan Key of Yellowcard, William Beckett of The Academy Is, Jordan Pundik of New Found Glory, and many more. Come out for a night of the best hits from The Used, Dashboard Confessional, Taking Back Sunday, and more.
• Drake Night: Come back to The Foundry on Saturday night for So Gone Night. The DJ will be playing the best hits from the Toronto hitmaker and hi-hop act. Be prepared to rap and sing your night away to this powerhouse name in music.
• Green Legion Eagles Tailgate: Come to XFINITY Live! this Sunday for Green Legion’s tailgate party. Before the Battle of the birds on the gridiron, this tailgate will have drink specials, a sizeable buffet, and more. You can get Unlimited Miller Lite, unlimited Workhorse Brewing products, unlimited Stateside Vodka drinks (exception energy drinks), and more.