Fond and The Dutch Team Up For Contactless Pop-Up Market
In order to be there for the community during these challenging times, Chef Lee Styer of Fond, the acclaimed contemporary American restaurant on East Passyunk, is combing powers with his other restaurant, The Dutch, to launch a contactless weekend Pop-Up Market offering a mixture of necessary grab-and-go items as well as delicious ready-to-eat take out foods, milk, beer, wine and other goods tomorrow, Saturday, March 21 and Sunday, March 22 from 10 am – 8 pm at Fond.
Patrons can start the day with breakfast offerings including Breakfast Sandwiches, Fresh Fruit, Frisée and Endive Salad and more courtesy of The Dutch from 10 am – 2 pm, and take home delicious dinner and dessert options like Fresh Pasta with Bolognese Sauce, Chicken Liver Mousse, Mushroom Soup, Sour Dough/Olive Bread, Muffins, Brownies, and more courtesy of Fond’s Lee Styer and Jessie Prawlucki-Styer from 2 – 8 pm.
All grab-and-go item orders, including eggs, milk, apples,
Carry Out & Delivery Options
• Art in the Age: Art in the Age, the fully stocked local bottle shop with a vast array of home bar supplies in Old City, is the perfect place for people to stop and stock up on all things home-bar. Guests can find their favorite bar tools, glasses, cocktail books, and more before purchasing their favorite bottles of booze, mixers, and tinctures to go along with them. As opposed to Tito’s Vodka, the higher ABV (151 proof) Good Reverend’s Universal Spirit ($45) is an ideal base for a DIY cleaning solution. Sweeter spirits for sipping include Dande Jack ($50) or Ginger Quince Cordial ($50).
• The Bourse: The Bourse, Old City’s historic food hall, offers a wide variety of delivery and pick-up options from a number of its vendors, including Lalo, Grubhouse, Abunai Poke, Scoop DeVille, Prescription Chicken, and FreeByrd. Patrons looking to order from The Bourse Food Hall vendors should check with their vendor of choice to see which delivery service app they are available on.
Lalo is also extending the delivery cap for all family-style orders and any delicious catering trays. Patrons can get free delivery within a 10-mile radius of Center City between 11:30 am and 5 pm. Lalo will also be offering curbside pickup outside The Bourse Food Hall’s 5th street entrance.
• Café Ynez: Café Ynez, an all-day café in Point Breeze, offers a wide selection of Mexico City-inspired fare for delivery during lunch and dinner, including a Steak Burrito ($12) made with sautéed flank steak, manchego cheese, pico de gallo, sliced avocado, refried black beans, and chipotle ranch wrapped in a wheat flour tortilla and a Quesadilla ($12) made with sautéed spinach with garlic, lettuce, corn, roasted poblano peppers, roasted red peppers, caramelized onions, pico de gallo, sour cream, and cheddar cheese on a wheat flour tortilla. Guests can order sides including the top-selling Guacamole and Chips ($10) and Shrimp Ceviche ($13).
Delivery and pick-up available to Caviar, GrubHub and Eat Street, as well as calling in an order for pick-up. Patrons can enjoy delicious fare Mondays through Saturdays between 11 am and 9 pm, and Sunday from 11 am to 4 pm.
• Forsythia: Forsythia, the modern French restaurant in Old City from Chef Christopher Kearse, is launching a specialty pick-up and delivery service. Starting at 3 pm on Thursday, patrons can call the restaurant to place orders from a daily menu posted on their website. Pick-up and delivery is available Tuesdays through Sundays.
Additionally, Kearse is offering a special three-course Chef’s Tasting Menu for $30 per person featuring delicious dishes of his choosing on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday nights, to help make stay-at-home weekends a little special.
Those within a mile of the restaurant can choose free delivery or pick-up, while all other orders must be for pick-up. The delivery and pick-up windows are 5 to 8 pm each day.
• Jet Wine Bar: Jet Wine Bar, Philadelphia’s “global vineyard” located on South Street, offers a newly expanded and vast selection of natural wines, dynamic reds, whites, and rosés. Guests are invited to think globally and drink locally at both the bar and when it comes to selecting what to take home. After snagging a bottle of their favorite vintage, oenophiles can cheer to a day-in spent sipping some of the best wines Philly has to offer.
• Philadelphia Brewing Company: Philadelphia Brewing Company, proudly located in Kensington, offers a wide selection of to-go options for some of Philly’s favorite brews. Guests can enjoy pick-six packs or growlers of staple brews such as Kenzinger and Pennsylvania Pale Ale or mix and match packs of Commonwealth Ciders. Please see the pricing below.
Philadelphia Brewing Company
o 6 packs = $10-$13
o 24 12 oz bottle cases year-round beers = $30
o 24 12 oz bottle cases Select Ales = $38
o Mix & match cases = $33
o Growler year-round beers = $15
o Growler Select beers = $18
· Winter Wunder Blow Out End of Season Sale
o Cases = $19
o 6 packs = $6.50
o single bottles = $2.50
o while supplies last
· Commonwealth Ciders
o 6 pack = $11
o 24 12 oz. bottle cases = $32
o Growler = $15
• Rex 1516: Rex 1516, the restaurant and bar on South Street, offers elevated Southern cuisine classics on Caviar, including Shells n Cheese ($9) with sharp cheddar and jalapeño bread crumbs, Half a Fried Chicken ($25) served with rotating seasonal sides, and the “Best of Philly Hamburger” ($15), an 8 oz house grind with bacon, spicy pimento cheese, crispy red onions, and bib lettuce.
Rex 1516 offers its entire menu of elevated Southern cuisine on Caviar daily from 3 to 9 pm, as well as the Rex 1516 family dinner. For $49, patrons can enjoy a rotating set of dishes which feeds a family of four that includes a Rack of BBQ Spare Ribs, Pimento Cheese, Biscuits, and Pickles, Crawfish and Turkey Jambalaya, Bacon Collard Greens, Green Salad, and Banana Pudding. Patrons can order through Caviar or call the restaurant for pick-up.
• The Twisted Tail: The Twisted Tail, Headhouse Square’s Southern-inspired restaurant, bar, and juke-joint, has added pick-up and expanded delivery. Patrons can call into the restaurant to order for pick-up in addition to a newly added free delivery option within a three-mile radius. Guests can order both options between noon and 10 pm. The Twisted Tail is also available on Uber Eats during these times.