Don your green tops and shamrock socks because the most Irish day of the year (in America) has arrived once again! This weekend through Tuesday, March 17, the below restaurants and bars are celebrating St. Patrick’s Day with Irish-inspired libations and features sure to make everyone feel a little more Irish.
• Assembly Rooftop Lounge: Assembly Rooftop Lounge, located nine stories up on top of The Logan Hotel, is offering guests an Irish Exit ($14). Made with Tullamore Dew, La Colombe Coffee, a sugar cube, and French cream, this libation can be enjoyed by the fire while taking in views of Logan Circle and beyond.
• The Chophouse: Craving something sweet? At The Chophouse in Gibbsboro, NJ, they’ll be serving their Irish Mocha Cold Brew, featuring Jameson Irish Whiskey, Three Olives Vanilla Vodka, half & half, cold brew, whipped cream, and cinnamon.
• The Irish Stroll: One of the biggest crawls this weekend will be taking over Center City this Saturday and next Tuesday, March 17. These St. Patrick’s Day bar crawls feature more than 50 locations, has thousands of participants, free shirts and cover charges, food specials, green swag, and more.
• Iron Hill Brewery: Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant is beginning the celebrations early, starting their St. Patrick’s Day specials on Thursday, March 12 through Wednesday, March 18. Iron Hill will be offering traditional Irish fare with Potato and Leek Soup ($5/$6), Corned Beef and Cabbage ($17.50), Irish Bangers and ‘Smash’ ($17.50) and a sweet treat with their traditional Irish Breading Pudding served with homemade whiskey sauce ($7). All 16 locations will also be offering their O’Sullivan Stout, a roasty Irish stout, served on nitrogen and brewed on location at each on-site brewery.
• Luck of the Irish Pub Brawl: The Luck of the Irish Crawl this Saturday starting at 12 p.m. There will be St. Patrick’s Day swag on hand, raffles, drink specials, live music, and more. Lookout for leprechauns, green shamrocks, and the lucky pot of gold.
• MilkBoy: Milkboy, the music venues, restaurants, bars, and recording studio, is offering early morning St. Patrick’s Day imbibers a piping hot cup of Irish Coffee for $5 from 7 a.m. to noon at the Chestnut Street location. Topped with whipped cream, this early morning tipple is made with Irish Whiskey and MilkBoy Coffee, the fair-trade certified coffee made and roasted in Philly in cooperation with Bean2Bean.
• P.J. Whelihan’s: P.J. Whelihan’s is saying “Céad míle fáilte” with special food and drink menus all St. Patrick’s Day! Try the St. Paddy Melt, made with tender homemade corned beef topped with melted swiss and cabbage slaw on toasted sourdough bread, a twist on the classic Irish dish. If you’re looking for something a bit more traditional, PJ’s won’t disappoint – they’ll be offering shepherd’s pie and corned beef and cabbage. Pair either of those with a pint of Guinness, which will go for $4 all day on March 17.
PJ’s will also have an assortment of Celtic-inspired cocktails including the ShamRocked! ($6), made with Tito’s Vodka, blue curacao, and Red Bull yellow edition, and the Frozen ShamRock ($6), a blend of vodka, Bacardi ice cream, Bailey’s Irish Cream, and crème de menthe and topped with whipped cream and a cherry.
• The Pour House: The Pour House in Westmont, NJ is celebrating St. Paddy’s on Haddon Square! On Saturday, March 14, there will be live performances (under a heated tent!) throughout the day, including a guest DJ from 2-5 p.m., Garnet Rising from 5-7 p.m. and The Rockets to close out the night from 7-10 p.m. Miller Lite, Jameson shots and Guinness pints will be available for $5 all day, with pints of Smithwick’s and Harp going for $6.
• Red Owl Tavern: Red Owl Tavern, Old City’s American tavern located across from Independence Mall, is offering imbibers an Irish take on a citywide – a pint of Guinness and shot of Jameson Irish Whiskey for $10 all day on St. Patrick’s Day.
• Seaview: Seaview, the recently renovated hotel near Atlantic City, is inviting city-dwellers to take an Irish getaway and enjoy a special St. Patrick’s Day Dinner on Saturday, March 14, and Tuesday, March 17. On both evenings, guests can enjoy Irish Cheddar Potato Soup ($6 Cup, $8 Bowl), Corned Beef Egg Rolls with mustard sauce ($12), Corned Beef Reuben with fries ($14) and Bangers and Mash with gravy ($15). On Tuesday, guests can enjoy an additional special – Corned Beef and Cabbage with potatoes ($19).
• Shamrock Crawl: This Saturday and next Tuesday, March 17, the 2020 Shamrock Crawl will be in full effect. There will be no cover at over 50 locations in the city. Attendees will get drink specials, party beads, complimentary bar snacks, a map, and access to photography.
• St. Paddy’s Day Bar Crawl Manayunk: Start your crawl at Sona Pub & Kitchen this Saturday. From 12 p.m. to 8 p.m., you’ll have access to several bars and pubs in Manayunk. This St. Paddy’s celebration will be a blowout event that you don’t want to miss.
• Urban Farmer: Urban Farmer, the rustic-chic restaurant and bar on Logan Circle, is offering guests a bevy of St. Patrick’s Day fare:
- All Day: Corned Beef Hash– House brined and braised corned beef sautéed with fingerling potatoes, onions, braised cabbage, and mirepoix, finished with a whiskey beef glace ($21).
- Bar & Lounge (starting at 3 p.m.): Bangers & Mash– Poached house-made Irish sausage, whipped potatoes, and Guinness onion gravy ($19).
- Whole Restaurant: (starting at 5 p.m. as app or side addition): Shepherd’s Pie– Ground lamb, sweet green peas, mirepoix, and browned mashed potatoes ($14).
- Entrée: Dublin Lawyer – Butter poached lobster, whiskey cream sauce, colcannon mashed potatoes, asparagus ($40).
- Dessert: Milk Chocolate Bailey’s Pot De Crème– House-made Irish potatoes, ground Oreos, microgreens, and gold leaf.