Holiday Takeout and Deals
• Amada Christmas Eve Dinner: Garces fans will still be able to enjoy this annual Christmas Eve tradition. Celebrate Christmas Eve with an Amada at home with you and your family. It’s $55 per person for turkey or $75 for prime rib, minimum 2 people, ready-to-heat, and instructions are included. The package includes your choice of main to share(roasted turkey breast with herb crust & pan gravy -or- prime rib with bordelaise, and horseradish crème fraiche). The meal also comes with herb roasted fingerling potatoes, Brussels sprouts, salad verde, bacon-wrapped dates, whipped bone marrow, parker house rolls, and holiday cookies with spiced hot chocolate.
• Boardroom Spirits: Making cocktails for the holidays can be difficult, let Boardroom Spirits do the prep work for you. Seasonal offerings like the ready-to-drink Cranberry Mule (FRESH Cranberry Vodka, real honey, lime juice, Brazilian ginger, and mint), which serves six cocktails or the Nutty Russian (Nocino, Boardroom Vodka, house-made coffee liqueur), which serves 10 cocktails are the perfect addition to any holiday table. Boardroom Spirits will be open on Christmas Eve & New Year’s Eve for pickup 12 p.m. – 3 p.m. Local delivery orders must be placed by 9 a.m. on Wednesday, December 23 for guaranteed before Christmas delivery as well as before 9 a.m. on Wednesday, December 30 for guaranteed before New Year’s delivery. Shipping orders must be placed by Friday, December 18 for arrival before Christmas. There’s free local delivery (within 30 miles of Lansdale, includes all of Philadelphia) in-state shipping for orders over $75.
Order here by Friday, December 18 (shipping orders for Christmas), Wednesday 23 (Christmas delivery), and Wednesday, December 30 (New Year’s Eve delivery).
• Constellation Culinary Group: Constellation Culinary Group will be offering holiday dinners as part of Prepped, their new stress-free alternative to cooking the decadent feasts we all look forward to during the holiday season. In addition to the multi-course meal, people have the option to order Sugar Cookie and Gingerbread making kits, or even cocktail kits. The starters include caramelized pear and blue cheese salad (field greens, toasted walnuts, and shallot dijon vinaigrette) and snowflake rolls.
For an entree, you’ll have your choice of:
- Savory Spiced Chicken Roulade (smoked chicken sausage, local apples, leafy greens, and spiced cranberry compote)
- Cider-Glazed Pork Loin (sage peppercorn crust, pearl onion winter fruit chutney)
- Harvest Spiced Salmon (wilted greens, pomegranate, orange zest, pumpkin seed crust)
- Ginger Carrot Sauce Harvest Spiced Salmon (wilted greens, pomegranate, orange zest, pumpkin seed crust, ginger carrot sauce)
Each entree will be accompanied by:
- Two Potato Gratin (layered yams & Yukons, savory herbs, caramelized onions, parmigiana)
- Candied Wild Rice Pilaf (pecans, dried cranberries, pearl onions, sage)
- Haricots Verts& Wild Mushrooms (truffled shiitake chips, microgreens, and lemon zest)
For dessert, there’s a Double Crust Lattice Cherry Pie (spiced almond frangipane, and vanilla whipped cream.)
Order by phone at 267-231-3474 or via email.
• Cry Baby Pasta: Holiday gathering canceled this year? Cry Baby Pasta has got you covered. The menu in their to-go party kit includes antipasti taleggio, gorgonzola, salami, speck, olives, fig mostarda, pine nuts garlic Foccacia bread, lobster arancini, shishito aioli, artichoke, leek cream, and decorative packaging. You also get a personalized holiday greeting link to a festive Spotify playlist. The kit, which serves two people is $35. There is a minimum of10 kits per order ($350+).
Order here and four days in advance of the pickup date.
• Dim Sum House: Dim Sum House locations will be open from 12 p.m. – 8 p.m. for the regular menu, take-out, pick-up, delivery through delivery apps, outdoor dining, and cocktails to go this Christmas.
The feast for 2-4 ($80) includes:
- Half Peking Duck & Ginger Scallion Lobster
- Dim Sum of Choice:
- Pork soup dumpling, spicy pork soup dumpling, crab & pork soup dumpling, pan-fried soup dumpling, scallion pancake, beef stuffed scallion pancake pork & leek dumpling, pumpkin tart, veg spring rolls, Pickled Garlic Cucumber, Chili oil wontons, sesame soy Brussel sprouts
- Crystal shrimp dumplings, spicy shrimp dumplings, pork & shrimp Siu Mai, shrimp Siu Mai, shrimp Cheung fun, fried shrimp balls, chicken feet, shrimp & chive dumplings, shrimp-stuffed eggplant, tofu black bean sauce, vegetable tofu skin roll, turnip cake, durian cake, roast pork bao, egg tart, egg custard bao
- One Rice/Noodle of choice: Authentic fried rice, lo mein, pad thai, ho fun, mei fun
The feast for 4-6 people ( $150) includes:
- Half Peking Duck & Ginger Scallion Lobster
- Dim Sum of Choice: See above list
- Two Vegetables of Choice: (garlic snow pea leaves, Shanghai bok choi, string beans & mustard greens, eggplant & garlic sauce, stir fry Brussel sprouts)
- Two Rice/Noodle of Choice: See above list
- Two Familiar of Choice with Protein: (General Tso’s style, broccoli & brown sauce style,
dry pepper style, dry pot Style, black bean style, Mongolian style, Kung Pao style, garlic sauce style, sizzling platter-style, long hot style)
Order feast here and by December 23 for December 24 pick-up.
• El Camino: El Camino is bringing the holiday cheer to your dinner table with packages for two ($80), 4 ($140), and 8-10 ($260).
The entrees (pick one) include:
- Ribeye Roast Beef
- Braised Brisket Pot Roast
- Fried Turkey
The sides include:
- Spinach & Roasted Squash Salad- Pumpkin Seeds, Bacon, Dried Cranberries, Red Onions, Lemon Sesame Dressing
- String Beans with Almonds & Brown Butter
- Mashed Potatoes
- Orange Honey Glazed Carrots
- Rice Pilaf with Dried Cranberries & Pecan
- Parker House Rolls
Desserts (pick one):
- Chocolate Yule Log
- Red Velvet Roll
There’s also plenty of a la carte menu options like turkey and Gravy, Braised Brisket Pot Roast, Orange Honey Glazed Carrots, and Mashed Potatoes. You can also get fun to-go cocktails like the El Camino Margarita, Sparkling Margarita Package (El Camino Margarita & Bottle of Sparkling), Santa’s Little Helper (Vodka, Grapefruit Juice, Apertivo Select, Soda), and more.
• Fond: It wouldn’t be Christmas without a cookie spread, so Jessie Prawlucki-Slyer, Co-owner of Fond, is making assortment cookie trays with six flavors to make the holidays a little sweeter. Each tray will boast gingerbread people, pecan snowballs, lemon raspberry sandwiches, cherry toffee chocolate cookies, almond cardamom biscotti, and white chocolate peppermint shortbread. Trays of 24 cookies are available for $32 and an assortment of six cookies for $12.
Orders can be placed here by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Garces Trading Company Christmas Family Dinner: Enjoy a traditional, Chef-cooked Christmas Day Supper from our family to yours. It’s $50 per person, for a minimum of two people, and comes with ready-to-heat with instructions. The spread includes your choice of sliced pineapple-glazed ham with golden raisins & mustard or turkey breast & gravy. It’s served with family-style portions of cider-glazed carrots, truffled mashed potatoes, green salad with grapefruit, artichoke gratin, and parker house rolls. To sweeten the deal, the package comes with their chef’s selection of holiday cookies.
Order here by December 19.
•Garces Hanukkah Dinner
Garces presents its first-ever Hanukkah Dinner. Celebrate with a Chef-cooked Hanukkah dinner for $30 per person, minimum of 2 people, with instructions. The menu includes family-style portions of Matzo Ball Soup, Crispy Latkes, Braised Brisket, Kugel, and Cinnamon Apple Cake.
Order here four days in advance.
•Iron Hill Brewery & Restaurant: Iron Hill is taking care of the cooking this Christmas by offering three different options of takeout meals that will satisfy the family. All options serve six and include a pre-cooked Turkey Breast with Gravy meal ($80) or a prepare-at-home, pre-seasoned Prime Rib Roast ($150) or Honey Garlic Glazed Roast Pork Loin ($80). All meals come with twice baked potatoes as well as a side of either creamed spinach or roasted asparagus. Meal add-ons include crab cakes ($7 each), lobster tail ($15 each), pesto shrimp skewers ($5 each), or individual molten chocolate lava cakes ($4 each).
Orders must be placed by Monday, December 21, and can be made by calling your local Iron Hill restaurant.
• Red Owl Tavern: Red Owl Tavern, the contemporary kitchen and bar perched across from Independence Mall in Old City, is offering a prix-fixe three-course Christmas dinner to-go including guests’ choice of Small Plates: Burratta, Potato Leek Soup or Kale Caesar; Christmas Feast: Braised Lamb Shank, Chipotle Rubbed Hangar Steak, Butter Poached Lobster Tail, or Jerk Chicken; and Dessert: Red Velvet Cake or Tiramisu. The Christmas prix-fixe is $55/per person.
•Rex 1516: Rex1516, Philadelphia’s go-to for elevated Southern cuisine, is offering Christmas dinner to-go for two ($125) and four ($240), including Buttermilk Biscuits, White Bean Stew, Au Gratin Potatoes, Green Bean & Broccoli Slaw, Homestyle Cornbread & Pineapple Stuffing, House-smoked Ham, Bouche de Noel and a chef’s selection of Christmas Cookies for Santa. Beverage offerings from Beverage Manager Alex Tack include an Aperitif with bourbon, angostura bitters, cinnamon and orange zest, and a Digestif with coconut oil-washed cognac, coffee liqueur, creme de mure, lemon. The beverage package is $55 for two or $100 for four.
Orders can be placed now by emailing with guest name, telephone number, food package for two or four, time of pickup on December 24 (12 – 6 p.m.), and beverage package (if so, 2 or 4).
• SliCE: Marlo and Jason Dilks of SliCE announce the return of their annual holiday pie, Pizza of the 7 Fishes. This special seasonal pizza is inspired by their families’ Christmas Eve traditions and by a seven-course seven fish dinner popular in South Philadelphia. Pizza of the 7 Fishes features mozzarella topped with clams, mussels, shrimp, tuna, crab meat, and sardine all sauteed with fresh olive oil and garlic, and topped with anchovies, fresh lemon, and basil. Pizza of the 7 Fishes will be available until Christmas Eve (December 24) for $19.00 for small and $26.00 for large. The Dilks also brings back a family tradition for your family to share – Seafood Caesar with romaine, shaved Parmigiano-Reggiano, house-made Caesar dressing, sauteed shrimp and crab meat; featuring house-made croutons for $15. All December special dishes are available through January 2 and are available on New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day.
• Square 1682:Square 1682, Rittenhouse’s modern American kitchen + cocktails, is offering an affordable three-course prix-fixe Christmas dinner to-go, boasting a selection of small plates, including Potato Leek Soup, Pear Salad, and Gnocchi & Meatballs; plus, guests’ choice of entrée, including Roasted Filet Mignon, Ahi Tuna, Lemon Pepper Chicken or Cauliflower Curry; and Cheesecake or Peach Cobbler for dessert. The three-course dinner is $55 per person.
Orders can be placed by calling the restaurant at 215-563-5008.
• Talula’s Daily: For Philadelphians looking for a holiday meal that’s easy, safe, and delicious sans hours of prep, Talula’s Daily will offer special holiday menus for Christmas and NYE. Customers can choose from a variety of gourmet, seasonally inspired options for brunch (Pastry Tray, Vegetable Frittata, Bacon & Cheddar Frittata), snacks & starters, entrees & sides, and desserts. You can taste fantastic entrees like Winter Arugula Salad, Tender Braised Brisket, Baby Sandwich Platter, Eastern shore Crabcake, Honey Champagne Glazed Carrots, Cheddar & Jalapeno Buttermilk Biscuits, Broccoli Cheddar Bisque, Kennett Square Mushroom Risotto, Twice Baked Potatoes.
To order, call at 215-592-6555 or email. Order by December 18 for pickup scheduled on 12/23 or 12/24. Order by December 28 for pickup scheduled on 12/30 or 12/31.
• Holiday Cocktail Party by The Olde Bar, Amanda, Village Whiskey, J.G. Domestic: Cheers to the season with a selection of our favorite small plates from Garces restaurants for the perfect cocktail hour! You can get family-style portions of Whipped Feta & Garden Vegetables (JG Domestic), Bacon-Wrapped Dates (Amada), Crab Fingers (The Olde Bar), Shrimp Cocktail (The Olde Bar), Deviled Eggs (Village Whiskey), and Spanish Meatballs & Manchego-Stuffed Cherry Pepper (Amanda). The deal is $45 person, with a minimum of two people. Add Christmas Cocktails to go by calling The Olde Bar. The selection includes a dozen cocktails from The Olde Bar with seasonal additions, including:
- The Olde Bar Aged Egg Nog: A Premium Selection of Bourbon, Brandy, Rum, and Port, Blended with Eggs, Milk, and Nutmeg Including Russell’s Reserve, Knob Creek, Elijah Craig, Remy Martin 1738, Copper & Kings, Paul Beau Cognac, El Dorado, Ron Zacapa, Rhum Barbancourt, Smith and Cross 8 oz serves 2/ $20 32 oz serves 8/ $65
- A Partridge in a Spiced Pear Tree: Averell Damson Gin Liqueur, St. George Spiced Pear, Domaine De Canton, Lemon 8 oz serves 2/ $20 32 oz serves 8/ $65.
Call The Old Bar for cocktails at 215-253-3777.
• The Olde Bar Seven Fishes Christmas Eve Dinner: Enjoy a traditional Italian Christmas Eve feast cooked in the style of The Olde Bar. For $67.50 per person (minimum 2 people) you’ll get Cured Hamachi Pastrami, Jumbo Shrimp Cocktail, Curried Mussels, Crab and Corn Chowder, Bay Scallop Pappardelle, Lobster Pot Pie, and Tile Fish en Papillote. Finish your meal off with a slice of nine-layer caramel chocolate cake with el Corazon curd and sea salt.
Order here by December 19.
•Thirsty Dice Board Game Café: Choose between a selection of over 125 games and puzzles, snacks, and easy-to-make meal kits to create your own comfort create or pick a themed crate to celebrate Christmas this year. Themed comfort crates include the Coffee Lovers, which comes with the game Coffee Roaster, one bag of “Roll With It” coffee beans from Herman’s Coffee, and a choice of a scone or churro bakery kit. There is also a Date Night kit featuring a choice of game, beer or wine, and a meal like a whole chicken dinner or DIY pizza for two.
Thirsty Dice’s full selection of Comfort Crates, meal kits, and other a la carte items can be ordered online here. The order deadline for pickup and delivery of meal kits/comfort crates is the end of day on Wednesday, December 23.
• Weavers Way Co-op: Weavers Way’s Ambler and Chestnut Hill kitchens are taking the hassle out of the holidays by offering fully prepared meals to go. Meals are $25 per person and selections include a vegan dinner of Cranberry Hazelnut Field Roast with Vegan Gravy, Mashed Sweet Potatoes and Green Beans, and non-vegan such as Brisket with Roasted Winter Vegetables and Maple-Roasted Salmon with Seasoned Rice and Green Beans.
Meals will be available to pick-up starting December 10 through December 24 at Weavers Way’s Ambler or Chestnut Hill store. The ordering deadline is December 21. Orders can be placed online here.
• Urban Farmer: Urban Farmer, Logan Square’s modern American steakhouse, is offering Christmas Eve and Christmas Day dinners to-go including everything you need for a delicious and special holiday meal at home. Guests will choose between a Roasted 1855 Beef Ribeye or Pennsylvania Ham with a bevy of sides, boasting Brussels sprouts, Yukon Potato Puree, Roasted Winter Vegetables, Cornbread, as well as guests’ choice of pie, including Coconut Custard, Shoo Fly, or Apple Almond Crumb. Whole packages are available for $180 and feed 4-6, while half packages are available for $100 and feed 1-2.
Urban Farmer’s Christmas to-go packages are available here. Christmas Eve packages can be picked up between 2 and 8 p.m. on December 24 and Christmas Day packages can be picked up between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. on December 25.
Maude & Mabel’s Ice Cream Delivery
Fine-Drawn Hospitality’s pioneering virtual food hall, The Commons, has launched a new ghost kitchen concept. Introducing: Maude & Mabel’s Fine Creamery, bringing guests the seasonally driven and elevated ice cream their inner child craves (and deserves!).
Available for delivery via Caviar, Doordash, and GrubHub, and pick-up out of Fine-Drawn’s The Post in University City, Maude & Mabel’s blends nostalgic ice cream shop charm with modern and utterly inventive flavors, playful pints, and unforgettable flavor combinations. Their can’t-miss flavors include Eggnog with egg nog ice cream with Gingerbread cookie butter for a taste of the season, M&M for a creative combination of matcha ice cream with a miso-caramel swirl and for an over-the-top Willy Wonka-esque experience, The Golden Ticket featuring dark chocolate ice cream with crushed Wonka Bar, caramel, Nerds and gold leaf.
You can check out the full menu of Maude & Mabel’s ice cream offerings via The Commons website here. The ice cream shop joins Agea, Ghost Chicken, Philadelphia Wing Shop, The Post, Sunset Social, and Walnut Street Cafe — all available through The Commons.
For those looking to support local business, eat some tremendous food, and get a fantastic deal while doing it, try Local 5. Local 5 is an amazing new subscription service that benefits the community and each subscriber. Your monthly (just $5 a month) or yearly ($55) subscription card gives you access to unlimited discounts to several local restaurants and the region.
Participating establishments aren’t charged for the service, which further’s the company’s mission to increase local foot traffic and send a reward your way for each slice of pizza, savory soup, or to-go cocktail you grab each week.
Sign up today here.