The NHL Trade Deadline has come and gone, with several playoff contenders and Stanley Cup hopefuls bolstering their rosters for the final push of the season.
Taylor Hall, Jeff Carter, and Anthony Mantha were among the movers prior to Monday’s trade deadline, all finding new teams for the rest of the current season. While many teams stayed quiet, others were very busy, hoping to find the right piece for their roster ahead of the upcoming playoffs. The Flyers made a few moves, including signing one of their own long-term.
Division leaders Washington, Toronto, and Colorado all were busy in Monday’s final day, and will hope to be in the mix for the Stanley Cup after strong regular season campaigns so far.
- Boston acquired F Taylor Hall and F Curtis Lazar from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for F Anders Bjork and a 2021 second-round draft pick.
- Pittsburgh added F Jeff Carter from the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for a conditional 2022 third-round pick and a conditional 2023 fourth-round pick.
- The Washington Capitals added F Anthony Mantha in a trade with the Detroit Red Wings. Detroit received F Jakub Vrana, F Richard Panik, a 2021 first-round pick, and a 2022 second-round pick.
- The New York Islanders received D Braydon Coburn from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for a 2022 seventh-round draft pick.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs received F Nick Foligno and F Stefan Noesen from the Columbus Blue Jackets in exchange for a 2021 first-round pick (TOR) and a 2022 fourth-round pick (TOR). The San Jose Sharks received a 2021 fourth-round pick (TOR) in the three-team trade.
- The New Jersey Devils received D Jonas Siegenthaler from the Washington Capitals in exchange for a 2021 conditional third-round pick.
- In a three-team trade, the Vegas Golden Knights received F Mattias Janmark, D Nick DeSimone, and a 2022 fifth-round pick (CHI). In exchange, the Chicago Blackhawks received a 2021 second-round pick (VGS), and a 2022 third-round pick (VGS). The San Jose Sharks received a 2022 fifth-round pick (BUF) as part of the deal.
- The Edmonton Oilers acquired D Dmitry Kulikov from the New Jersey Devils in exchange for a conditional 2022 fourth-round pick.
- The Colorado Avalanche acquired F Carl Soderberg from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for F Josh Dickinson and F Ryder Rolston.
- The Florida Panthers acquired F Sam Bennett and a 2022 sixth-round pick from the Calgary Flames in exchange for a 2022 second-round pick and F Emil Heineman.
- The Montreal Canadiens acquired D Erik Gustafsson from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for a 2022 seventh-round pick.
- The Washington Capitals received F Michael Raffl from the Philadelphia Flyers in exchange for a 2021 fifth-round pick.
- The Toronto Maple Leafs acquired D Ben Hutton from the Anaheim Mighty Ducks in exchange for a 2022 fifth-round pick.
- The San Jose Sharks received F Alexander Barabanov from the Toronto Maple Leafs in exchange for F Antti Suomela.
- The Nashville Predators acquired D Erik Gudbranson from the Ottawa Senators in exchange for D Brandon Fortunato and a 2023 seventh-round pick.
- The Anaheim Mighty Ducks acquired D Haydn Fleury from the Carolina Hurricanes in exchange for D Jani Hakanpaa and a 2022 sixth-round pick.
- The Winnipeg Jets acquired D Jordie Benn from the Vancouver Canucks in exchange for a 2021 sixth-round pick.
- The Vancouver Canucks acquired D Madison Bowey and a 2021 fifth-round pick from the Chicago Blackhawks in exchange for a 2021 fourth-round pick.
- In a three team deal, the Tampa Bay Lightning received D David Savard and D Brian Lashoff. The Columbus Blue Jackets received a 2021 first-round pick (TB) and a 2022 third-round pick (TB). The Detroit Red Wings received a 2021 fourth-round pick.
- The Colorado Avalanche acquired G Devan Dubnyk from the San Jose Sharks in exchange for D Greg Pateryn and a 2021 fifth-round pick.
- The Florida Panthers acquired D Brandon Montour from the Buffalo Sabres in exchange for a 2021 third-round pick.