If you’re looking to put a different spin on your fantasy game with the flexibility of DFS to set new lineups each week, plus the chance to climb to the top with players you didn’t draft in your traditional leagues, then the Pi Fantasy Football Triple Threat League has you covered. The new trend in fantasy sports is right at your fingertips!
Fantasy Triple Threat combines the fantasy football regular season and playoff structure into one. Recognizing the ever-growing popularity of fantasy football and the increasing number of league formats and draft strategies out there, Tony Cutillo used his own site fantasysportsaddition.com to come up with this concept two years ago as a way to have fun and limit the time spent managing a roster. With the increasing number and complexity of league formats combined with the time constraints of everyday life, now is the time to try something simple and more direct. For Pi, last year was a solid introduction and now the effort has been made into building an entirely new interface to keep you locked in to the best fantasy football strategy game out there.
Here’s how it works:
- Each week you look at the matchups and submit 1QB, 1RB, and 1WR by going to PhillyInfluencer.com and clicking on the proper link that is shown to your right. (If your pick isn’t submitted on time, no points will be tallied that week. Picks will lock at the first game of the week on Sunday. If you want Thursday players, get them in by Thursday kickoff.)
- You will compile points based on a PPR-scoring system. There will be no negative points.
- QB: 1 point per 20 yards passing, 6 points per TD.
- RB: 1 point per 10 yards rushing, 1 point per reception, 1 point per 10 yards receiving, and 6 points per TD.
- WR: 1 point per reception, 1 point per 10 yards receiving, 1 point per 10 yards rushing, 6 points per TD.
- Your points will be tallied up and kept on a weekly basis.
- At the end of 17 weeks, we will see who has the most points for the year!
- THE CATCH: You can only start each guy ONE TIME! There is the challenge.
Like I said above, Fantasy Football has taken over as a top-rated activity and keeps us sports fans glued to the screen. Everyone has their own system for selecting the guys they draft, which keeps it interesting. Now it is time for a new twist, new strategies and a new concept. Are you ready to build your new strategy? If so, come show us your best Triple Threat and try to keep it going for 17 weeks.
Registration for this league is FREE. We will have some prizes announced soon. All results will be tallied and made visible courtesy of PhillyInfluencer.com.
As always you can stop by my Facebook page (FantasySportsAddiction) or tweet me (@TCutillo23) for questions or some nice fantasy debates. I can also be heard weekly via the internet stream live at WengRadio every Monday at 4:00pm EST for a weekend sports wrap. But most importantly, you can catch me here at Pi! Follow Philly Influencer on Twitter (@PHL_Influencer), Facebook and Instagram.
For fantasy purposes, all my articles are predicated upon a PPR-based system.