Oloroso, the acclaimed Spanish restaurant from Chef Townsend Wentz, recently announced the launch of its new tapas-style buffet brunch, served every Saturday and Sunday from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. The extensive spread is served in Oloroso’s open kitchen and includes options from the tapas menu, three versions of paella, potato dishes, a carving station with wood-fired meats, fresh salads, and desserts.
Brunch is $25 per person. Specialty sangria pitchers are available for $20 during brunch service.
Square 1682, the modern American restaurant and award-winning bar located in Rittenhouse, is excited to announce the launch of all-new seasonal menus for lunch and dinner, in addition to a new three-course, prix fixe Chef’s Menu from Chef Mackenson Horebe, available at dinner Monday through Thursday for just $36.
The new dinner menu items include Salt Roasted Beets ($10) with honey crisp apple, spicy pistachios, arugula and whipped feta from the Small Plates, Squid Ink Pasta ($15/28) with prawns, octopus, buerre blanc, and oreganata from the Pasta section, and Pork Shank “Griot” ($28) with Haitian pikliz, sweet potato puree, chive oil, and pork jus from the Large Plates.
In addition to the dinner menu, Square 1682’s lunch menu has also been expanded and revamped for a new season with new dishes to satiate a hungry Center City lunch crowd. Guests can enjoy a salad and half-sandwich deal for $17, available for dining in or even to go, as well as new dishes “for the table” and updated sandwich options.
The new lunch menu includes a Breakfast Jawn ($15) with fried eggs, hot soppressata, pork roll, melted raclette cheese, and long hot aioli, a Meatball Sandwich ($15) with Caciocavallo cheese, peppers and onions on a sesame baguette, and a Spinach Salad ($13) with heirloom tomato, mozzarella, salami, red onion, and pesto dressing.
Check out the new menus here.
Yoga lovers are invited to rise with the sun every Saturday morning at 9 a.m. during SWEAT + SIP at The Bourse for a yoga class hosted and lead by Sweat Fitness. Participants are encouraged to nama-stay for brunch post-yoga with a $10 food and drink certificate to help them refuel after detoxing from the week. Brunchers can enjoy favorites from several vendors, such as lattes and fresh pastries from Menagerie Coffee, Avocado Toast from Mighty Melt, and Baconcakes from GrubHouse.
Tickets go on sale every Monday at 12 p.m. and space is limited. Tickets are one per person, so each participant must purchase their own ticket.
Each week, Philly Influencer picks the best parties, events, and social gatherings the area has to offer.
• Parks on Tap: Parks On Tap pops up at Fernhill Park this week. The Germantown area will be bursting with lively guest, food trucks, the best brews, and more. On Thursday from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m., there will be free yoga in the park. The hours for this roaming beer garden are Wednesday and Thursday 5 p.m. – 10 p.m., Friday 4 p.m. – 11 p.m., Saturday 1 p.m. – 11 p.m., and Sunday 12 p.m. – 10 p.m.
• Rhythm & Brews: For those across the bridge or looking to cross it, Rhtym and Brews is this Saturday. Come down Station Avenue in Haddon Heights for beers from local vendors, food trucks, live music, and prizes and giveaways.
• MMR-B-Q: Local rock station WMMR’s annual spring music festival MMR-B-B-Q is this Saturday! The powerhouse lineup includes Shinedown, Evanescence, The Struts, Joan Jett and The Blackhearts, Fozzy, The Glorious Sons, Bad Wolves, and Siravo.
• Brunch So Hard: The Spirit of Philadelphia will be the place to be this Sunday. Come out for stellar views at Brunch So Hard. The waterfront will be buzzing with a two-hour open bar, all-you-can-eat buffet (including a donut wall), and games like cornhole and Jenga.
• Conshohocken Restaurant Rally: This Sunday, get ready to be bused around to 15-20 Conshocken restaurants. You’ll be able to partake in tasting the signature dishes and drinks at each location throughout the day.
• South 9th Street Italian Market Festival: Come to the South 9th Street Italian Market Festival this Saturday and Sunday. There will be live entertainment, the beautiful and savory aroma of Italian food in the air, and more.