The Spotlight of The Week: Kahlua Pig Roast & Tiki Invasion
Starting at 5 p.m. on Friday, August 30, KQ will host a Kahlua Pig Roast on the patio. For $25 a plate or $40 for all you can eat (per adult), guests will enjoy a Whole Roasted Kahlua Pig, prepared in banana leaves, accompanied by Hawaiian sides that range from Fried Rice with Pineapple and Bacon to Island Style Macaroni Salad. A la carte drinks will include classic tiki options from Zombies to Mai Tais. Expect beachy decor and vibes and tropical beats outside. The event is kid-friendly and $12 gets you all you can eat for children.
Bluebird Distilling’s and Philadelphia Brewing Co.’s Tiki Invasion
Philadelphia Brewing Company is partnering with award-winning, grain-to-glass distillery, Bluebird Distilling, for Tiki Invasion — a fun Tiki pop-up featuring Tiki cocktails, a Tiki Garden, and beer release on Wednesday, August 28 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m..
Tiki Invasion will mark the launch of Philadelphia Brewing Co.’s Tahitian Wheat, a tropical-inspired wheat beer with a fruity punch. Guests can enjoy two featured Tiki cocktails courtesy of Bluebird Distilling – a Classic Daquiri ($10) and a GG & BB ($10), a Dark & Stormy riff.
This Week in Cocktails: Rosé All Day
Jet Wine Bar, Philadelphia’s “global vineyard,” is going all-out during Rosé All Day, an evening dedicated to this summer’s hottest wine, on Thursday, August 29 from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m., with specials on select rosés in the Jet Wine Garden.
Oenophiles are invited into the garden to cheers to the unofficial end of summer and enjoy five featured rosés, available by the glass, by the bottle, or in a flight. Flights include all five wines and are $25.
- Vinho Verde Rosé – $9 glass / $36 bottle
- Plume Rosé – $13 glass / $52 bottle
- Bobal Rosé – $12 glass / $48 bottle
- Grenache Rosé – $11 glass / $44 bottle
- Sparkling Rosé – $11 glass / $44 bottle
Guests can pair their wine with small bites from new Culinary Director, Lucio Palazzo, such as:
- Ricotta Crostini with creamy ricotta, white anchovy, and pistachio pesto ($9)
- Watermelon Salad with mint, feta, arugula, radish, and tajin vinaigrette ($9)
- Pkhali, a traditional dish from the Republic of Georgia, made with spinach and walnuts and served with pita and vegetables ($10)
The wines will be available outside in the garden and inside of Jet Wine Bar for the entire evening.
Closing this Week: Center City Sips and Old City Eats
For the last several weeks, Philadelphians have been able to partake in discounted food and drinks each Wednesday and Thursday. This is the last week you can enjoy wallet-friendly options for Center City Sips and Old City Eats.
During Old City Eats each Thursday, between the hours of 5 p.m. to 8 p.m., over 25 participating locations have half-priced appetizers, $5 beers, $5 cocktails, and other drink specials. This is your last chance to join in on this Summer culinary favorite.
Each week, Philly Influencer picks the best parties, events, and social gatherings the area has to offer.
• Parks on Tap: Parks On Tap is at t Clark Park in University City this week. There will be free yoga this Thursday, happy hours with brews and food, hammocks, sitting areas, and more. Festivities at this soiree include a charitable happy hour to benefit the park.
• Manayunk BBQ Crawl: This Saturday will be the Manayunk BBQ Crawl. There will be drink specials all day and drink specials at each location. With more than 12 locations on the crawl, the great food and brew combinations will be endless.
• NOTO Philadelphia Made in America Weekend: This weekend NOTO Philadelphia will be hosting several events. This Friday Roddy Ricch will be hosting a mega party and Saturday night, Megan Thee Stallion and DaBaby will be hosting a concert afterparty.
• Grits and Biscuits: Come out to the TLA for the second time this Saturday night for Grits and Biscuits. The 2010 party creation by E.Z.Mo Breezy, has all the appeal of a true southern hip-hop party. Doors open at 9 p.m.
• Travis Scott & Cardi B vs. Jay-z and Beyoncé Party: This Saturday night The Foundry will be hosting a Travis Scott & Cardi B vs. Jay-Z and Beyoncé Party. The DJ will be playing the top hits from these powerhouse hit-makers all night long.
• Tra-Quilla: The Fillmore will hosting an MIA afterparty sponsored by Don Julio Tequilla. There will be the best in trap music, tequila, hip-hop bangers, and more played all night at the massive venue.
• D’USSÉ Made in America Afterparty: Roc Nation, Rel Carter, and The Carter Boyz invite you to Recess this Sunday night for a Made In America finale party.
• Brunch so Hard and Day Vibe: This Sunday, Mirage Lounge will be hosting a Brunch So Hard and Day Vibe party. Brunch begins at 12 p.m. and ends at 4 p.m. The party then kicks off between will be running from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m. There will be drink specials, a brunch deals, and more.