There was no storybook season for Nick Foles in Jacksonville, now he’s off to Chicago and a brand new venture.
The Jacksonville Jaguars are trading Foles to the Chicago Bears for their compensatory fourth-round selection, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter.
I love this move for the Bears. This is definitely a copycat of what the Titans did with Ryan Tannehill last year, but I’ve never been a fan of Mitchell Trubisky and it wouldn’t surprise me if Foles is the starter in Week 1.
And if he is, they’ll be a playoff team.
FREE AGENCY TRACKER
– The Buccaneers are expected to sign quarterback Tom Brady
– Colts sign QB Philip Rivers to a 1-year, $25 million deal, according to ESPN’s Adam Schefter
– Saints are nearing a deal with S Malcolm Jenskins
– Cowboys sign DT Gerald McCoy to a three-year deal
– Panthers release safety Eric Reid
– Rams re-sign OL Austin Blythe to a one-year deal
– Dolphins sign OL Ted Karras
– Lions trade for Patriots S Duron Harmon
– Broncos acquire Titans DT Jurrell Casey for a seventh-round pick
– Lions agree to two-yeardeal with DT Danny Shelton
– Bengals releasing CB B.W. Webb
– Texans re-sign CB Vernon Hargeaves to a one-year deal.
– Saints to keep LB Kiko Alonso on a reduced contract
– Raiders agree to deal with DE Carl Nassib
– Lions are releasing LB Devon Kennard
– Panthers re-sign S Tre Boston
– Cowboys re-sign LB Sean Lee
– Bengals sign CB Trae Waynes to a three-year deal
– Steelers sign FB Derek Watt to a three-year, $9.75 million deal, according to ESPN’s Jeremy Fowler.
– Rams decline CB Nickell Robey-Coleman’s option
Thoughts on the moves below