Mark Drumheller (@x_drumheller) joined Thursday’s The Daily Ticket with Sean Brace on Fox Sports The Gambler. Football season continues as he breaks down some early edges in the XFL. They cover all four matchups, but Mark unveils his two best bets and explains why he is fading two former CFL coaches. Only two teams face longer odds (+900) to win the XFL Championship than Houston, but they are a big favorite due to LA’s starting quarterback Josh Johnson’s uncertain status. The Wildcats present a unique opportunity for bettors to grab points with a team that should be able to keep things close even if Johnson isn’t available. Marc Trestman leads the Tampa Bay Vipers into NY to face off against a secondary that is should be one of the XFL’s best. They discuss the strategy of backing teams with defensive advantages like NY in Week 1. Then it’s off to hardwood as the Pelicans look to continue to light up the scoreboard on the road in Chicago. They should get plenty of opportunity against a Bulls team that turns the ball over more than anyone in the NBA. There is late night College Basketball action on the board, and Mark sees a big opportunity in the Pac12 and some value in the San Francisco vs. Pacific matchup.
Today’s preview includes:
- XFL: The Wildcats advantages in the trenches will have June Jone’s offense sputtering with PJ Walker.
- Aaron Murray is likely to struggle against a strong NY secondary.
- NBA: Zion’s impact on the Pelican’s and their success on the road against losing teams.
- Why New York’s defense is the key ingredient to cooking up a sneaky over in the Big Apple.
- NCAA Basketball: Can the Cardinal’s tough defense outweigh Utah’s home court advantage?
Listen to The Daily Ticket with Sean Brace on Fox Sports The Gambler every weekday from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m. on 102.5 FM, 1480 AM, 105.3 HD2, and most importantly, on the iHeartRadio app!